Thursday, August 13, 2009

Welcome To Mike's Healthy Caveman



Thank you for looking at my blog site! It is my hope that you will return to learn more about the future of health. My experiences have led me down a long and winding path of different health practices, and I believe much of what I have learned can benefit you.

Without getting to in depth (I'm on vacation after all!), I am currently a Primal eater, and a Paleo workout fool... I belong to Windy City Crossfit (for those of you who don't know about Crossfit you should check it out : Crossfit). My experiences as an athlete have ranged from soccer to Bagua, Hsing I and Tai Chi. I am a certified yoga teacher (who currently does not practice... more on that later). Alternative health systems I have studied include Ayurvedic, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Herbal Therapies.

I have currently been focused on living a more Primal existence ( book credits: "The Paleo Diet"," Good Calories, Bad Calories", "The Warrior Diet" etc...), and have experienced the best health in my life. Looking back, I can't believe how simple the recipe for health is! Simply, as Jack Lalanne once said, "If man made it, I don't eat it!" . Sure there's quite a bit more to it, like turning your workouts back into PLAYouts, and supplementing with powerful herbs, fatty acids and vitamins. At the heart of health though, is living simple!

That's it for now, much more to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment